Monday, April 5, 2010

Clash of The Titans


I had high hopes for this one, I had loved the original movie so much from my childhood. This version seemed bloated with CGI special effects and a heavily modified storyline. What was missing from this version was the manipulation of the gods, they seemed to take a back seat to giant CGI scorpions. Part of Perseus's motivation in the original film was his love for the Princess Andromeda, here in the new film they give him an unnecessary love interest called Io. Star Sam Worthington delivered as Perseus, but nothing else seemed worthwhile. Most of the effects looked like they ripped them off from a video game. The mean and menacing Medusa was reduced to a cartoon-like creature (not scary). This version really just left me longing for the 1981 version of the film. It didn't work for me at all. It's sad that I would rather see special effects from a movie that is almost 30 years old than see the ones in this new film.

1 comment:

Dave Charles. said...

Bad remake like all the others. wheres "Cannonball Run 2010." When will it stop