Friday, June 10, 2011

"Charlie's Angels" on ABC this Fall


This new installmnet of "Charlie's Angels" for the ABC network does not look very exciting. It is executive produced by Drew Barrymore, but the actresses seem underwhelming to me. I have and always will enjoy the premise behind Charlie's Angels. In my mind, there could just be a revolving door at this agency where they are just continually switching out the women from the '70's up until present day. It's a pretty standard formulaic concept. Three intelligent and pretty private detectives who go undercover and then hijinks ensues (we get it, we've seen this before), so it really falls on the actresses themselves to draw you in. From this early trailer I wasn't feeling any of them. I will give it a try, but I am not optimistic about it lasting very long. Take a look at the trailer. Update: After 4 horrible episodes, ABC cancelled this terrible mess. I think I barely finished the pilot. Why bother remaking something if you are going to do it so poorly?

No comments: