Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ms.Lauryn Hill, you are forgiven


OK, So I've been talking a lot of smack about Ms. Lauryn Hill (please refer to my earlier posting about Ms. Hill and her attidude at some of her recent live shows. It's called "Lauryn Hill 3 Hours late for concert"). I was fortunate enough to catch her live show here in Austin at Stubbs on May 1st. She was just a little late this time, we got over it. Overall, it was a pretty decent show. She looked great (like the Lauryn Hill I remembered and she sounded excellent. Her band was a little strange (white alternative rockers), and the sound quality was pretty terrible. She really should have done a sound check, the feedback and distortion was bad at times. Ms. Hill only performed songs from her 1998 classic album "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill," Fugees hits, and a couple of Bob Marley tunes. My main complaint was that she has new songs, but chose not to perform any of those. Her old songs are good but are now staler than stale because I have heard them so many times.

She had a nice energy and connection with the audience and seemed genuinely pleased to be performing for us (that's all I wanted really). It was nice to hear her and she was pretty amazing to see live. Thank you Ms. Hill.

No comments: