Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bjork's New "App" Album Biophilia


The more I hear about Bjork's new upcoming project "Biophilia," the stranger and stranger it sounds. From the description, it sounds as if you will have to buy Apple computer applications in order to have the music. It just seems as if she would have to release a physical CD version in order for it to sell, right? I am her biggest fan, but I refuse to buy "apps" to hear or enjoy her music. That just crosses some sort of technological boundary lines for me. If this happens to be the case, it will be interesting to see how the world reacts to this new revolutionary "concept" of hers. I also tried to go to her official website and you now have to install something to even enter the website (I must say that it scared me away). I do consider myself a man of the future, I'm just not sure that I like being forced into new concepts when I am not ready for them.

This is Wikipedia's description for Biophilia: "The album is "partly recorded" on an iPad and will be released in the form of a series of apps. Biophilia will be the world's "first app album" in collaboration with Apple. Björk has described the project, directed by Michel Gondry,as a multimedia collection "encompassing music, apps, Internet, installations and live shows". Material from the album will debut during a concert series to be held this summer at the Manchester International Festival."

No comments: