Thursday, January 20, 2011

Gorillaz "The Fall"


Gorillaz have a new free CD called "The Fall" that was made during their North American tour and composed entirely on an iPad. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the CD is quite interesting. I pretty much thought it was going to sound like video game noises with singing. Sometimes it does sound that way, but it completely works here (I would sort of expect a cartoon band to sound this way).

It is much more complex than I had imagined. The CD has 15 tracks. My favorite tracks are "Hillbilly Man" and "Detroit." Front man Damon Albarn is quite talented with limited means, it's quite impressive that he wrote this CD so quickly and efficiently. The CD is offered as a free stream on the Gorillaz official website http://thefall.gorillaz.com/. As always, I love artists who give their music freely to their fans.

No comments: