Saturday, July 17, 2010

New Movie "Inception"...WOW!


I can't even begin to tell you how great this film was. It just opened on July 16th, and I was fortunate to have seen it at the IMAX (which I highly recommend). This film completely blew me away, it was fantastic. Actors Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt were all incredible as well as the very creepy Oscar-winning Marion Cotillard. The plot took some following, but it was definitely worth seeing. I can't say I've seen anything quite like it (the Matrix somehow comes to mind because of its trippy special effects and distorted reality).

I can't even begin to tell you what this film is about, it's quite complex, but it does involve the characters weaving and altering dreams. It completely blew my mind. I think my mouth dropped open several times while I was watching the special effects. A must-see. It was worth every dime of the $15 that I paid at the IMAX. Go see this movie in theatres, it might not be as great if you watch it at home. It was a little long running at 2 hours and 26 minutes, just don't see the latest showing like I did. This will be my prediction for the Oscar's Best Picture for next year.

No comments: