Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Boondocks, Season 3


The Boondocks Season 3 has started up again on the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. This show is usually very clever and well written, if not controversial. I had been patiently awaiting new episodes, only to find that I don't like this new season as much as the previous two. It seems like the show is going in the more for shock value route such as shows like South Park and Family Guy. I don't mind the shock so much, as long as they are funny. The episodes that have aired so far have been slightly disappointing and not very funny. One episode was so completely boring that I never finished the episode. Some others have just been too shocking, such as the one about Barack Obama which featured the song "D*** Ridin' Obama". I hope the remaining episodes will bring the laughs back. Shock might bring new viewers in, but the comedy is what will keep everyone watching. Bring back the comedy please.

No comments: