Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I hate Starbucks


I don't drink coffee due to a hyper-sensitivity to caffeine, so I usually tend to stay away from coffee shops. My boss frequently gives out Starbucks gift cards as gifts. While it is nice to receive gifts, I don't have a whole lot of use for these because I don't and can't drink coffee. Today I decided to use one of these gift cards, because I now have two of them. Their menu only offers about 3 non-caffeine choices that are not coffee. I decided upon the Vanilla Rooibos with soy milk. My choice seemed to irritate the cashier for some reason (maybe it bothered her that I didn't order coffee). Anyway, she was a total b****. All she has to do is put a teabag in some hot water and charge me $3 for this, how difficult this must have been for her. She also left out the shot of vanilla which I didn't notice until I got home. Needless to say, she got no tip from me. I was glad to not be addicted to caffeine so that I wouldn't have to repeatedly see her stupid face. Hmmm, maybe I just hate her and not Starbucks.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I hate the attitude that coffee baristas give. As if!

When E and I got back from our honeymoon in Mexico, seeing the Starbucks in the airport was like seeing an oasis in the desert. Their consistency does make up for their crappy customer service, tho.

Dave Charles. said...

they got me for a whole year with that burnt up nasty ass coffee. 7-11 is just as good. Put gas in your vehicle instead. i feel like a sucker. **** Starbucks!!!!!!!