Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kanye and Jay-Z's "Watch the Throne" Deluxe Edition


I have to say that the Deluxe Edition has the best packaging that I have seen in awhile. It looks like a box of fancy chocolates, it is beautiful and a shiny metallic gold color. It also has beautiful artwork and a fold-out poster. My brother loaned me this disc and I was instantly sold on the packaging alone. The music is also pretty impressive. Not as abstract as "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," but intriguing in its own way. It starts off nicely with the dark throbbing beat of "No Church In The Wild" featuring the vocals of Frank Ocean (an instant classic).

The rest of the disc is also pretty fantastic, even though none of the other tracks really stand out besides the new single "Otis." My only real beef with this disc is that the Deluxe Edition only has 16 tracks (and I'm pretty sure I already had 3 of those back from when Kanye was giving away his songs for free on Fridays.) All in all, Kanye delivers once again. Any Kanye or Jay-Z fan would be pleased with this disc.

No comments: