Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Girlfriends "The Movie"


I really miss Girlfriends and I want this movie to happen so badly. It seemed so rude to the fans that we were not given a proper ending for the series after 8 years. With the recent success of it's spin-off show "The Game" on BET, it seems like there would be enough interest for some type of film or TV movie to tie up the series. According to the Girlfriends Wikipedia page, there has been recent interest in the show and a Facebook page for the series has been set-up to see if there is enough interest still to further the series (it currently has 90,000 likes).

I'm sure that the shows writer/creator Mara Brock Akil would have already had a perfect ending planned before the series was ended. They could even bring back Toni (who left after the 6th season) for the movie. I'm sure the cast would like to see this happen as well. The show is being shown so much in reruns that I'm sure that it has a new fan base just from the reruns. I just thought I would throw this out into the universe.

No comments: