Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Mysterious Cities of Gold



This takes me way back. It was my favorite cartoon when I was a child, I would rush home to watch them. Apparently, there is still some interest in them. There are new seasons in production that are going to be airing in early 2012 according to Wikipedia. The theme song was real groovy, then and now. I remember that it didn't have an ending, they only found one of the seven cities and then they just stopped airing new episodes. Very exciting, I had almost forgotten about them and for some reason they recently popped into my head. Whenever I would mention this cartoon to any of my friends, they would think that I was crazy. No one seemed to remember it, glad to know that I am not crazy and that someone else does remember. The entire series is out now on DVD. I skeptically purchased this set recently, thinking that the episodes might not be as exciting as I remembered. Surprising, they were much better than I remembered (they may have even been a bit complex at times for a six-year child at the time). So glad I bought this. Their adventures are so exciting (Mayan tombs, secret passages, ancient primitive cultures, hieroglyphics). I couldn't stop watching them once I started. a very satisfying aniamted series to watch. Please check it out if you can.


No comments: