Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Drew Barrymore...


Now don't get me wrong, I love Drew Barrymore. We are the same age, so I tend to relate to her in some ways. I also feel as if I have grown up watching her in movies, but it seems like she keeps making the same movie over and over. Her new film, "Going the Distance" which co-stars her ex-beau Justin Long is the same cutesy date night fare that she has been churning out for the past few years (oh wait! they're dating long distance, that's the difference). Plot looks the same, her and some guy in a romantic comedy with an 80's inspired soundtrack. Just like "The Wedding Singer" "Music and Lyrics" "Fever Pitch" "He's Just Not That Into You" and probably countless others that I cannot recall at this time (they're all basically the same movie). In spite of this redundancy, I still manage to enjoy her performances most of the time. I just think she needs to switch it up a bit and do something else every once in a while. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: