Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Marshmallow Peeps


Right around Easter we begin to see those beloved marshmallow peeps and bunnies in all colors and shapes. While they may be cute, I've never really been that big of a fan. That is until I found a better way to eat them. Last year, a friend gave me a couple of boxes for Easter. Not really wanting to eat plain, sugar-sprinkled marshmallows in animal shapes, I decided to see how they would taste if you burned them on a fire. I've always enjoyed regular marshmallows in this way, why not these? To my amazement, they were delicious in every way. I simply stuck them onto sticks and burned them up (I secretly enjoy torching the little cute things). The sugar that they are sprinkled with quickly chars and creates a crispy and sweet shell with a soft warm gooey marshmallow center (DELICIOUS!!).

Needless to say, I enjoy them charred very much. I always mention this to friends and they all say that they never thought about doing this. Be sure not to let it burn all the way or the little thing will just fall off the stick and into fire. I mention this now because after Easter, everyone has those peeps on sale for half off or even more (I bought 3 boxes). You'll enjoy them this way, I promise.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Too cool, I have to try. Can't wait to fry those little guys.